[crowd chants] Speech! Speech!
I would like to thank my parents, my cousin Sarah ... ok, ok, I'm kidding - a speech isn't necessary, but I'm a [goofy] daydreamer.
LIEBSTER - The meaning:
A German word meaning sweet, kind, nice, dear, beloved, lovely, valued and welcome.
Here are the guidelines for the Liebster:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
My 11 Random Facts:
- I have a fear of eating noodles
- Denise is actually my middle name [but I've always gone by it]
- I wish I owned a tree farm
- ... And a mini-horse [named Petunia]
- I love reality tv shows
- I always hit snooze at least once
- I'm having a hard time coming up with 11 of these
- I am envious of people with a "green thumb"
- I think I'm the world's best driver
- I work with people who land rovers on Mars
- I am obsessed with the flavor grape
And here are the questions that Jasmyne asked me:
1. Who is your biggest role model? Why?
Sally Ride, the first American woman in space. Prior to her first space flight, she was subject to media attention due to her gender. During a press conference, she was asked questions like "Will the flight affect your reproductive organs?" and "Do you weep when things go wrong on the job?" Despite this, and the historical significance of the mission, Ride insisted that she saw herself in only one way — as an astronaut. After she retired, she co-founded a company that inspires young women to work in science fields.
2. What is your dream car?
Definitely a Jaguar, I love the body shape and the emblem on the front hood
3. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
I pee'd on myself in Kindergarten. To this day, I still remember sitting there in horror, hoping no one would notice [but they did & I was sent home in pink cuduroys from the nurses office]
4. What do you consider your greatest strength?
My ability to remain thankful through tough times
5. What are some of your pet peeves?
Politics on Facebook, spiders who weave their webs where I need to walk, constant complainers, sticky price tags directly on an item
6. Why did you start blogging?
When I was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis, I knew that I had a wild ride ahead of me. And I didn't want to forget any of it. And because I love to write.
7. What is your favorite accessory?
Definitely earrings. Can't leave home without them.
8. Cat lover or dog lover?
Dog lover. Litter boxes gross me out.
9. Anything "quirky" about you (double jointed, can say ABCs backwards...?)
I'm quirky by nature, but I can touch my tongue to my nose, and I laugh almost silently, which sometimes results in a snort or dorky inhalation noise
10. Do you speak any other languages?
No, not fluently :(
11. What is considered a perfect day for you?
Sleep in and wake up to bacon and pancakes, followed by a sunny afternoon at the lake, beach or pool, and ending with a family movie or game night in my slippers with pizza and an ice-cold coca-cola
Here are the questions that I am asking you]:
Tracie @ Maybe I am ... "different"
Danielle @ The Bozungs
Angie @ Pretty Hippy Angie
Katie @ A Mother's Hip Story
Christine @ Thoughts and Ramblings on Life, Love & Health
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite season?
3. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
4. Who is your role model?
5. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
6. What was the first concert you ever went to?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. If you could create one law, what would it be?
9. What are three words that best describe you?
10. What is your favorite quote?
11. If you had to eat one food item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
You guys are awesome. No really, I mean it.